Skinner box is a typical instrument created by B.F. Skinner in the 1930s and designed to study operant conditioning, so it is also called operant conditioning test box. It is not only used to study the behavior of animals, but is widely used in the research of brain and behavioral science, such as stimulating or injuring certain parts of the brain, the effect of the use of certain drugs on animal behavior, and so on.Pre-consultation
Skinner box is a typical instrument created by B.F. Skinner in the 1930s and designed to study operant conditioning, so it is also called operant conditioning test box. It is not only used to study the behavior of animals, but is widely used in the research of brain and behavioral science, such as stimulating or injuring certain parts of the brain, the effect of the use of certain drugs on animal behavior, and so on.
The latest Skinner box launched by Beijing Zhongshi Dichuang Technology has features that other brands of similar products do not have, and is fully compatible with other brands of modular panels on the market; it is a completely modular operation box, with various individual components ( optional) can be easily mounted on the base structure, also as a completely self-contained unit, can be housed in a sound and light shielded, fan ventilated soundproof box, suitable for almost all standard operating tasks (such as basic operation In addition to the operation box with or without plantar electrical stimulation, researchers can also choose Lafayette's unique touch-screen operation box. For both cognitive and operational behavioral testing. Optional stimulus and behavioral manipulation components are pure tone, sound with adjustable intensity, white noise, light with adjustable intensity, liquid reward, particle reward, simple container, nose touch, standard or thickened strut, head entry monitoring Wait.
1. Specification of experimental cage: 30x30x30cm (length x width x height)
2. Number of channels: 1-100 channels are optional
3. The infusion injection pump can hold the syringe: 1ml ~ 150ml The liquid pump with electronic drive is designed to precisely deliver liquid rewards using short-term electrical pulse operation.
4. Speed range: (0.01mm/s~0.21mm/s)
5. Dosing time setting: 10ms~1000S,
6. Equipment working power: 12V2A
7. Adapter power supply: 100～240V/50Hz
8. Advanced liquid/particle bonus area, including door with sensor, light and I/R sensor. The bottom is milled aluminum and features two liquid delivery tubes for rinsing and cleaning on the outside of the container.
10. Slider stroke: 140m
11. Condition signal, red light, green light, yellow light
12. Nostril touch position: 2
13. Number of operating software channels: 1-100 channels (optional)
14. Each channel has an independent pulse signal recording line, and the animal operation process is clear at a glance.
15. Passed the 9001 quality management system certification. The equipment has the national registered trademark, and the software copyright of Labmaze animal behavior video analysis system
16. It can automatically identify animals standing upright, walking, etc., and does not need a special infrared box to test the number of animals standing upright, just an ordinary container. This software can also be used for real-time recording and analysis of simple actions such as moving physical hair, washing face, eating and drinking; (optional)
18. It has the fusion function of removing the interference of animal cage rods, and the elimination function of eliminating the movement of the tail of the animal;
19. Simultaneous real-time tracking and MPEG-4 encoding (hardware special request) allows you to visualize the desired tracking data and stored video files
20. The hardware monitors whether the animal is in a cooperative state in real time, and counts the number of licks and licking events in real time; a signal light is required to prompt the animal for the next operation; punishment methods: electrical stimulation, gas stimulation (optional); reward methods: sugar water, sugar pill;
21. The software automatically distributes sugar pills to the feeder according to animal operation events. The number of distributions and the distribution time are controllable by the software.
22. The amount of water supply needs to be strictly controlled, and the timing of water supply needs to be strictly controlled;
23. Statistical data related to the animal reward mechanism, such as the number of drinking water, the drinking time, the amount of drinking water, the correct number of times, the number of errors and other parameters;
24. The software needs to be very convenient to set up the test process, and there is no delay in input and output to ensure efficient learning of animals;
25. The software has a programming interface, users can program according to their needs, this interface is friendly to operate, non-professionals can easily learn programming, the software provides templates, can do the default template experiments, and can also adjust parameters on the basis of the template, commonly used The experiment can save the template, which is convenient for the establishment and use of the next experiment;
26. Go No-Go operation box, walls and floors are easy to disassemble, replace and clean; (optional)
27. The electrical stimulation adopts RJ45 shielded twisted pair connection, which is stable, easy to operate, has been replaced, and the standard accessories reduce the after-sales cost of the laboratory;
28. The electric stimulation fence adopts 5mm solid stainless steel rod, with low resistance, good stability, and obvious stimulation to animals (optional).
1. The top can be easily opened by simply removing four thumbscrews
2. Large stainless steel scrap pans slide on smooth rails to eliminate gaps between pans and modular panels in other systems
3. Small footprint, easier to train mice: L x W x H: 8.8” x 7” x 5.7” (22.35 x 17.78 x 14.48cm)
Well plate for non-stimulation stimulation, 0.25" (6.35 mm) diameter wells, 0.315" (8 mm) center-to-center spacing
Grill Floor, Rod Diameter 0.156" (3.962mm), Spacing 0.321" (8.15mm)
Some published articles
An amygdala-to-hypothalamus circuit for social reward
Social interactions and relationships are often rewarding, but the neural mechanisms through which social interaction drives
positive experience remain poorly understood. In this study, we developed an automated operant conditioning system to measure social reward in mice and found that adult mice of both sexes display robust reinforcement of social interaction. Through
cell-type-specific manipulations, we identified a crucial role for GABAergic neurons in the medial amygdala (MeA) in promoting the positive reinforcement of social interaction. Moreover, MeA GABAergic neurons mediate social reinforcement behavior
through their projections to the medial preoptic area (MPOA) and promote dopamine release in the nucleus accumbens. Finally,
activation of this MeA-to-MPOA circuit can robustly overcome avoidance behavior. Together, these findings establish the MeA
as a key node for regulating social reward in both sexes, providing new insights into the regulation of social reward beyond the
classic mesolimbic reward system.
For more literature, please consult: 400-016-4066
This parameter is the basic parameter of the equipment, please contact our company for specific parameters